Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a year ago, the first alert about NRP on lower Denison, May 14, 2008

A neighbor sent me this a little more than a year ago, when he caught wind of surreptitious zoning changes on lower Denison. I’ve changed particulars to protect the neighbor’s identity.

 

Tim, 

 

Part of me wants to scream and the other part says let them tear it down, the problem is there really is a lot less historical housing stock in the East Denison quadrant than in the other sections and there are no historical protections in place at all, at least Archwood is zoned historical.    East Denison does not have that.  What few hidden and muddled gems we have are victimized by slum lords and the system.   That row house is a unique structure, yes, it is no doubt a dump currently, but fully restored it would be a real treasure.  Imagine it if you will, with full ornamentation, scallops in the gables, with individual roofed front porches with wood gingerbread and stone steps leading down to individual ornate iron gates and full iron rap around fence along a tree lined Street.  It's a real shame to see it come down.  I'm going to try to be there, it's difficult for me because I'm in XXXXX most of the time and usually only up there on the weekends.  I hope to make it, but if I don't, say something to rattle there cage or maybe you can let the others of concern in your quadrant of Brooklyn Centre know about the letter, feel free to pass it on, the more the better.  Voices, we need voices there!  Even if this is in the East Denison quadrant it affects all of Brooklyn Centre as a whole!   I imagine you could have three minutes and Gloria could have three minutes as well.  Well, that's six minutes so far.   Well, gotta go,  I don't have a computer in Cleveland, just in XXXXX, so when I'm up there in Cleveland I have to use my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment